Lots of pics...Lots of exercise!
10:31 PM | Author: Nani Luculescu
Okay...I've been trying NOT to spend soooo much time on the computer at night, so I've still been taking lots of pics everyday, but not taking the time to EDIT them...which is my favorite part! I've also been spending LESS time editing them as well (for the most part). I seem to like the same few actions and have stopped trying the crazy new ones that take forever to run & the results aren't what I'm looking for.

Project 365 is keeping me busy...and I'm lovin' it! Here's my pic of the day for Tuesday, 2/03/09. One of 2 more quilted wallets sewed up. I LOVE this dragon pattern & you always have more fun sewing with fabrics you love. I'm planning on opening up an Etsy shop & selling these.

Boost, Sharpen, Boutwell Magic Glasses, Quick Edge Burn

Wednesday, Ava had her 18 month check up & started crying as soon as we got into the elevator to go up to the Dr.'s office! She was deemed very healthy but needs to be seen by a pediactric opthalmologist to check out a potential plugged tear duct. We'll find out more next month at her appointment.
Here she is, enjoying her reward for going to the Dr.'s office...despite crying for every single examination & measurement! Luckily, she didn't have to have any shots this time around!

(Binky in hand...baby bear tucked away)

After the Dr.'s office, I stopped by my parents house to pick up my stroller & we hung out for a while. It was a HOT, HOT day so my mom busted out the ice cream & turned on the sprinklers...a great way to cool down!

Ava was apprehensive at first - running next to the sprinklers, but not going in like big sister. I showed her how to play with the sprinkler & that's all it took to get her going! She LOVED how the water splashed all over herself when she put her hand on the sprinkler. It was a fun tactile experience for her! This shot was my P365 pic for the day...I love little hands!

Boost, Sharpen, Boutwell Magic Glasses, Quick Edge Burn + my own brush strokes

Kyra got to showcase her batting skills with Grammie. They played with the tennis ball & retractable sword...my girl is pretty good!

Thursday's events & pics...I hadn't had a haircut in so long that I couldn't remember! My auntie honey (yes, that's what we call her) was in town for her birthday so I was able to get a free haircut! Yaaaaay! I always feel guilty spending money on stuff like that!

Anyhow, I've been wanting to chop my hair & donate it to "Locks of Love," a non-profit organization who makes wigs for disadvantaged children. It must be a minimum of 8 inches, tip to tip. I had my mom take a picture of me before my haircut...

...and after!And here is my P365 shot of the day...my hair, before I mail it off.

For more information on how you can donate, please visit their website at: http://www.locksoflove.org/

Friday's stuff...
Kyra & Ava...they are definitely quite a pair! This is a pic of the two of them on the kitchen floor at snack time. Legs sprawled & a Costco container of animal crackers between them! They were very happy girls...and my P365 pic!

It rained again, so we were stuck inside & my softball game was once again postponed. I wanted to get some exercise in, so I tried my "H2O bottle deadlifts" on top of my step and it kicked my butt (more like my hammies)!
These are 5 gallon bottles and have these nifty handles...just PERFECT for picking up & carrying around! Farmer walks, squats, deadlifts...I could go on! (The mirror & step are from my friend's garage sale...I swapped her for my dog backpack. Woo-hoo!)

This past week I've ran 3 times for a total of 8 miles...not bad! It rained sooooo much today...then in the afternoon the sun peeked out & it was beautiful. I took the opportunity to pack up my Kyra girl & take her on a run with me. She was pretty high maintenance at first, but soon after was singing & enjoying all the sight & sounds of a fresh rainfall.

This is the riverbed that I cut through today. It is usually mostly empty, with just a small 10 ft. wide river going down. Not today! It was so full, I had to stop and take a bunch of pictures! I liked this one the best because of the contrast between the sky & clouds vs. the brown bridge, so it's my P365 pic for the day.

Mostly done in Picasa - bumped up the saturation, sharpened.

Then ran the Boost action from Pioneer Woman.

I have seen some homeless people taking shelter in the riverbed where there are run off drains. I can't even imagine how cold & miserable they must be when it rains. I spotted a blanket hung up and some clothes too. There was a roll of toilet paper left in the sun to dry. I am so thankful for every single thing I have. I appreciate the comforts that are usually taken for granted. It sucks to run out of TP!!

This entry was posted on 10:31 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On February 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM , kristin said...

I am loving your editing Nani! Your pics look great! Oh and so do you!!!

 
On February 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM , Dojen_Digerati said...

Wow.. You donated your hair. You have a good heart.. That awesome and I bet it look really cute... Can you make me something with the Dragon pattern?